For some strange reason when summer starts dwindling down, I get the crazy urge for a routine lifestyle. One that involves all the things that I should be doing every day. For instance, I should wake up early and exercise, pack some healthy lunches, diligently put clothes going, layout the boys clothes, and calmly get Ads to the school bus. But for some reason things never go as planned.... it's more like this:
Alarm goes off at 6:15 beckoning me to awake and energetically get my day started, unfortunately I have no use for the alarm going off so early so I frantically reach over to avoid waking the entire household and snooze for 10 more, and 10 more and 10 more... until the second alarm that I set is now overlapping the first one. It takes me a bit but I finally convince myself that it is time to drag my fat but out of bed and get the day rolling. Sleeping in later also means a bit less gets done. I've now shaved off exercising and I'm slowly moving towards saying heck with hauling down the dirty laundry and putting a load going. So it's about 7:15 and I've just begun to slap some sandwiches together and stuff some food in a bag, when I realize that it's time for Ms. Sunshine to awaken for the day. Actually, so far she's not that crabby in the morning but she has a tendency to move slower than I can handle. So the carefully planned (in my head) morning is now starting to pick up pace. She doesn't want to eat anything because its too early and why am I waking her up when it's not very bright out yet?
So as I'm scrambling to finish the lunches and attempt to clean up my mess and get rid of last night's dishes out of the sink, she's zoning out. There's only so much that I can do for her at this stage- she's fully capable of getting herself dressed and out the door at any other time but for some reason this time of the morning must have her brain not fully functioning because she can't seem to accomplish anything!!! So now I'm looking at the clock thinking, "Okay, we need to leave in 9 minutes to get there on time- still plenty of time and she's just about ready". And this is the time she decides to tell me about the fun things that happened in school yesterday (which when I asked the day before- didn't get squat out of her), so I'm nodding and saying that's great and looking at the clock and starting to panic that we have to leave the house in 5 minutes and she has yet to brush her teeth, comb her hair and get her shoes on.
After repeatedly telling her that she has to get moving, my cool is starting to slip away... I transform from the calm mother that I've been trying to be all morning to a drill sergeant. I'm now barking at her that the bus is going to be there and she's going to miss it! So, she steps it up a bit but not fast enough for the panic that I'm feeling as I picturing us running down the road only to find that the bus has come and gone. So I decide that I'm now dressing her- yes I know, but the patience has eluded me at this point. Tying shoes that she knows how to tie and zipping a jacket that she knows how to zip. But until she's on that bus, all I can think about is getting her to that bus stop on time. So after some brief instructions, a hug and a kiss, out the door we go...
and as we saunter down the road because somehow we left the house a couple minutes sooner than we needed to (probably due to the crazy speed that I dressed her), I tell myself that tomorrow I'm going to get up earlier and not have to freak out at all. I'm going to put a load of clothes going because now I'm going to have to do it when I get home from work. When will there be some free time in the evening to sneak in some exercise? Darn! I should have done it this morning. Yes, I definitely need to get up a little sooner... it all sounds great and lovely the day before but when morning comes...well...I'll have to try again. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment