It's been a whirlwind lately around this joint. I can't seem to get into that rhythm yet with the new school schedule, the "apartment" life, and new work hours. My house is sailing even though I feel like I spend quite a bit of my day cleaning it, I never seem to have enough time at work... although I squeeze in as much time as I can there during the day; and my life seems to revolve around the new kindergarten girl's bus schedule. I spend half my day waiting for that bus to come, keeping an eye on the clock in the morning and racing home from work in the afternoon. I'm still trying to figure in some exercise and downtime into my day. These two have taken a back seat to everything else going on. Our kitchen reno is a never ending project. When one thing gets done and something else could be affected, that has to get done too... once we're working on it, so the project goes on and on... The "apartment" is our house without the kitchen. The bathroom has become where the dishes are done, the living room has become the kitchen/living room/pantry without the stove (well the stove is there but doesn't have an outlet) so the toaster oven and portable burners is where dinner happens. It makes things interesting, but I'm optimistic that the kitchen will get done eventually. This is just so I appreciate my new kitchen all the more, right? But every day something gets done so that's a step in the right direction. The wood is all in for winter, so I think we're going to be in good shape there and the new exterior is almost all the way painted, so that's another thing almost out of the way. The to-do list is long but we're getting there...slowly, but slowly.
Now next week we have a birthday party that has to happen and figure out how i'm going to swing that. and then there might be an out of town trip planned for this weekend so we'll see if that pans out or not. I still have to get the kids pics taken for the year. Poor Calvin, many pictures have been taken and none of them printed yet. Another thing that has to happen. Well, my time is running out on here, as Calvin is fussing, but it felt good to reacquaint myself with the computer... Maybe I'll have to do this more often... ha ha ha... we'll see now won't we. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment